Methods of Payment and currency conversion.
Most of our adventures are costed in USD or Euro as these are the currencies used by most international hotels and operators, in the countries we travel to.
The TRUST account for OTS are located in New Zealand where we have both a USD and an NZD account.
Outside the Square use WISE (formally Transferwise), for all our international payments, and to calculate exchange rates as they are significantly cheaper than the banks, safe, and it is easy to set up a FREE account.
We highly recommend WISE and anyone who travels a lot, will love this company. It is worth setting up your own FREE account and having a look around all the features. Once you have it set up it will make paying OTS and any other international payments in the future easy and will also give you the chance to have a multi-currency debit card for travelling should you desire one.
Using the link below you will get a FREE first transfer up to $500, (enough for your deposit) when you set up your FREE account.
Setting up your own account and getting it verified will take you about 20 min, but it is well worth it and will save you money.
Do I have to set up a WISE account? No not at all, it is just our suggestion to help you save money. You can use any currency transfer company you already have set up, or of course you can use your Bank and instruct them to transfer the money, directly to the OTS trust account.
Setup your own WISE account (via this link for a discount first transfer)
To confirm your booking on an adventure a deposit of USD$500 is required at the time of your booking. This is a non-refundable deposit (Except in cases where we have to cancel a trip due to the Min number of participants being reached by the closing date) as OTS will incur costs in arranging the trip. But the deposit is fully transferable to another adventure should you need to cancel of change your booking, and this can be done any time before 60 days prior to the start of the trip, a deposit held on file has no expiry date, you can just transfer it to a later trip.
Balance of payment can be made any time but no later than 60 days prior to the commencement of the trip.
Due to the nature of Adventure travel and the prices of the resources on which it depends, the published price of any trip is subject to change at any time, before or after booking confirmation, up to 30 days before the departure of such Product.
Before paying in full please insure you have read the Terms and Conditions re cancellation charges and have protected yourself by taking out sufficient travel insurance cover to cover any cancellation charges should the unexpected happen.
Deposit = $750 NZD, just internet bank direct into OTS Trust account the NZD amount.
Balance payment = An invoice will be sent out showing the balance in NZD converted from USD at the current ( WISE rate)
Credit Cards can be accepted using WISE to pay into our USD account. You may need to pay some on Credit Card to validate a Credit Card travel insurance policy, otherwise it's not really a cost-effective way to pay, as you have to add the fee onto the balance you send. (You can request this option if needed)
Although you do not need to setup a WISE account to pay in NZ, I would suggest anyone who travels a lot opens and account and applies for a multi currency debit card as it saves us travellers a fortune over time. Use this link to set up your account. WISE
Deposit = $500 USD all trips except e500 Euro for Portugal
- Setup your own WISE account (via this link for a discount first transfer) if you already have a WISE account just login. You need to set up the account including your address and social security number, ACH payments are then easy from most of Americas big banks, or if you use a smaller bank or credit union you can use the Debit card option.
- Once set up Select “Send money”
- Select “A from account outside WISE”
- Select at the top, International (EURO) or Same currency for (USD) depending on if you are sending OTS USD or EURO
- To pay (Enter the details for the OTS adventures account sent to you with the deposit information, which will either be the USD account or EURO depending on the tour.
- You have lots of options as to how to pay. (ACH / SWIFT or WIRE transfer) Debit Card, Credit Card, Apple Pay or Google Pay. Each option has a different cost which is very transparent and easy to see, ACH / Wire and debit card being the cheapest, and credit card the costliest. You need to put the amount needed by OTS example $500 for the deposit into the lower box which is the amount that arrives our end. The top box will display the charge you pay, which will vary depending on how you are paying.
Alternatively, if you prefer not to set up a WISE account then you can just ask OTS for our USD bank details, and your bank can arrange an international swift transfer to our OTS $USD Trust account based in NZ. This is the easy, very safe method for those of you who like to take the payment details into your bank, and have them do all the work for you (Your bank will usually charge you a fee for this which varies bank to bank but is usually around $50) You need to email us to get the ANZ USD Trust accounts details for your bank as it is not the same as the Wise account details sent to you with the deposit information.
Australians and UK
Deposit = USD $500
- Setup your own WISE account and transfer to our Trust account in New Zealand, this gives you lots of options as to how to pay. (Bank transfer, Poli, Payid, Debit Card, Credit Card,) Each option has a different cost which is very transparent and easy to see. You need to put the USD balance in the lower box add the WISE displayed cost of your chosen method of payment will show you how much to pay. (Example cost for a $3000 trip around $20 AUD and you pay $3020)
- International swift transfer to our OTS $USD Trust account based in NZ. This is the easy very safe method for those of you who like to take the details into your bank and have them do it all for you (Your bank will usually charge you a fee for this which varies bank to bank but is usually around $50 and you can request this option if needed)
Rest of the world
Setup your own WISE account (via this link for a discount first transfer) and transfer to our Trust account in New Zealand, this gives you lots of options as to how to pay. See above
If you have your own FOREX account with another company already set up or would like to use your own bank to buy USD and transfer internationally just let us know. We will send you the account details for you to make an international transfer. (You can request this option if needed)
You will only ever pay a max of one currency conversion or international transfer fee for your holiday, this is our guarantee, (we pay all other charges) whichever currency you are paying in.